August 2020 | Award

West Monroe Tops the 2020 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles List by the L.A. Business Journal

West Monroe was recently ranked No. 1 on the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles list in the large business category. This fourteenth annual program was created by the Los Angeles Business Journal and Best Companies Group.

More impressive, 2020 is the office’s fifth consecutive year participating in this local community recognition effort, resulting in four first place rankings and one second place rankings in their category.  

Ken Siegman, Managing Director in Los Angeles, talked about all the contributing factors to the strong culture during the virtual awards ceremony on August 5. In a brief interview, he outlined the perseverance of our staff in the face of a difficult year. “COVID-19 and the social justice crisis challenges everyone to be thoughtful and deliberate this year. As a company, we took steps to protect our employees both physically and mentally,” he said. 

Virtual happy hours and yoga sessions help everyone stay connected as the entire West Monroe staff has been working from home since March. Keeping the office culture consistent was paramount.

In fact, the Los Angeles office created a “watch party” for the ranking announcements where they chatted as the countdown dwindled, erupting in excitement when they were announced as number one.

Siegman explains, “We are still on our inclusion and diversity journey as a firm, but we’ve made very specific commitments and taken action to implement and then measure our progress.” He cited the firm’s Employee Resource Group, the Black Employee Network, as an asset that supports Black employees while creating ways for the entire firm to have frank conversations about diversity in the workplace.

This fourteenth annual program was created by the Los Angeles Business Journal and Best Companies Group. Companies from across the county entered the two-part survey process to determine the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The first part consisted of evaluating each nominated company's workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems and demographics. This part of the process was worth approximately 25% of the total evaluation with the remaining 75% evaluated on an employee survey to measure the employee experience. The combined scores determined the top companies and the final rankings. 

The actual rankings were revealed at a special virtual event on August 5, 2020, and were published in the August 10, 2020, issue of the Los Angeles Business Journal.

To see the rankings, visit

Explore our latest news & events